If your business is sharing the same address with similar local businesses your listing will be less visible in the search results.
Google has always been filtering local listing with the same phone number or domain for a while now, but now they may also filtering businesses sharing the same physical address.
Let’s say your business is offering printing services and shares the address with a similar service provider, the bad news is one of the listing can be filtered out…leaving you with decrease in foot traffic and website clicks. This is their way to eliminate duplicate content in its search result.
How to convince Google your listing is unique and valuable?
- Make sure your listing is unique and accurate as possible.
- Check if your business is listing on high-authority local resources & directories.
- Verify your business descriptions.
- Add high-quality videos and images to your listing.
- Ask customers to review your business.